City & Guilds - Design, Digital
Shortlisted for a Creative Business of the Year Award, the WorldSkills DJ stand and touchscreen app focused attention on City & Guilds’ services to training providers, employers and learners. The exhibit generated close to 3,000 Facebook uploads by visitors playing the app over a four-day period, leading to an estimated 400,000 Facebook views.
“We were delighted with the DJ app and stand, which really engaged our
target audience and raised the profile and awareness of City & Guilds.”
Sonal Avda, Brand Manager, City & Guilds
Our brief was to help the City & Guilds kickstart conversations with young people about the amazing possibilities that apprenticeships and other training can offer to support their future careers. The live, digital experience included:
- Professional DJs on the stand running ‘how to’ sessions for visitors
- Touchscreens with the virtual music decks, samples and effects, which allowed users to record 60-second mixes and share them on Facebook
- Just under 50 iPads with electronic data capture and shortcuts to the City & Guilds website
- An SMS messaging/auto-email system, enabling visitors to request information on 14 keywords/career areas
- A ‘welcome to the talent revolution’ rolling animation displayed on a seamless plasma wall.