Well hello and welcome (no need to wipe your feet, we’re a relaxed lot here). Seventeen years ago Creative Bridge was born.
But rather tell you the usual how many cups of coffee we’ve drunk, press releases we’ve written or brands that we’ve launched, we thought we’d tell you some things that you didn’t know:
1. Our MD Nicola, who founded Creative Bridge in 2000, won the Midlands prize for top results when she sat her Chartered Institute of Housing final exams in 1992
2. Over the years, team members have had ten weddings and 15 babies
3. Our HQ, Bittesby House in Lutterworth, was built in 1828 (-1+8+2+8=17)
4. Val once got married outside Coventry Cathedral in the name of a transport client. A PR photoshoot faux ceremony of course…
5. Roz, head of client services, has 49 pairs of fabulous shoes. By the time you read this she will probably have more
6. Whitefriars Housing Group was one of our first customers, and they’re still buying services (under the banner of WM Housing Group) to this day. See the wall illustrations below
7. Michelle’s communication activity since starting with us in 2004 has taken her to the ends of the world. On a boat around the Arctic Circle and the Southernmost town in Chile to be precise
8. Kate has risen from customer services executive to client services manager in just three years. She also thinks Bittesby House is haunted…
9. We’re part of 11% of UK businesses run by women
11. In her first year of working at Creative Bridge, our account manager Rebecca commuted over 18,000 miles. That’s the distance to Australia and back
12. Among our senior consultant Ian‘s many skills and accreditations, he is also a trained Humanists UK celebrant
13. In 1998, our creative director David designed a magazine for Take That and received a thank you letter from Mark Owen… which we imagine he still cherishes
14. In 2002, our (now fully grown) illustrator Jake came second in the World Karate Championships. Look at that face!
15. Our management accountant Alison takes part in roller derby and is a blocker for RDL (Roller Derby Leicester). She is also a qualified ski instructor
16. We have worked with over 100 housing providers and started working with our first commercial client in 2003
17. When Alistair was 21, he spent three months training as a stuntman – which comes in handy when driving to client meetings.